Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy November everyone!  I can't believe how fast this year has gone by.  Only 3 more weeks until Thanksgiving!

This week has been a crazy one.  Saturday was our HCAC Cross Country meet down at Transylvania University.  I absolutely loved the course there and was able to best my 6k time from last year by over a minute. All the girls ran really well and so did the guys.  I love this team and it's hard to believe that we only have one more meet for the season.  The guys got mohawks to run with and our coach even got a mohawk!   Kevin even spiked his up which made it look extra sweet.  His girlfriend, Alison, who is also on the team, wasn't to thrilled with it, but it did look extra sweet, especially when he was running.  You could definitely tell where he was during the race! haha

We got back Saturday evening, and I left campus again to go on a solitude retreat for my Spiritual Disciplines class.  I was nervous about it  at first because you where going to be near people, but yet couldn't talk to them for  24 hours.  There was also no television or music.  Yet, I really enjoyed it.  I was able to focus on my homework so much more than what I usually am able to in my dorm room.  It also was just nice to be able to get off of campus and away from the hassle that college can be sometimes.

Volleyball won their first round HCAC tournament game Tuesday night.  Now they go on to play Mount St. Joseph's tomorrow at Transylvania University.   Good luck ladies!

Here are some pictures from the cross country meet on Saturday at the beginning of the guy's race.  You'll be able to tell which one is Kevin since his hair is spiked!

Starting Line

And they are off! 

Well hey there Kevin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment