Thursday, October 14, 2010

Every Thursday I look forward to going to chapel at Yoder for an hour of worship.  It puts me in a great mood and that great mood carries over for the rest of the day and into the weekend.  Today's chapel was probably my favorite one of this year, and possibly my favorite at Bluffton since I have been here.  To open chapel, we started  with the singing of "Days of Elijah" which is one of my absolute favorite worship songs, so that set the mood right there for the rest of the worship time.  We also sang "Trust and Obey" and "Better is One Day" before sitting down to listen to our minister in residence, Vikki Pruitte-Sorrells from Lee Heights Community Church which is in Cleveland.  She talked about getting your "swag" on for Jesus Christ and follow his way.  She was so energetic and enthusiastic about God that her message was great to listen to.  After she was done with her message, we closed worship with "From the Inside Out," another great worship song.

The weather is changing and I love it.  I love fall.  The leaves here on campus have changed colors and have started falling from the trees.  Fall sports teams are starting to get ready to finish up their seasons before tournaments start.  Winter sports are already busy preparing for their upcoming seasons.  There have been many high school students have been visiting campus, which is always nice to see students take in interest in Bluffton.

I am looking forward to my last 5k race of the season at Wilmington before moving on to 6k's for the conference meet and regional meet.  Hopefully it's a good race.

No comments:

Post a Comment