Monday, September 27, 2010

So last week was just a slow going week especially since I was looking forward to going home for the weekend after my cross country meet here at Bluffton Friday night.  It seems whenever I am looking forward to something, the week drags along.  The meet did go pretty well Friday night though.  It was our only home meet of the season.  Girls ran a 3k and the guys ran a 5k.  It also kicked off Pink Week, which is where all the sports are wearing pink in support of finding a cure for breast cancer.  Instead of wearing our usual uniforms, we got to wear shirts that had a pink ribbon with running shoes on them!  Us girls also went the extra mile and got pink bandannas for us and the guys to wear, and us girls also put pink ribbon in our hair.

J Denny Beaver came to support us!

Me (Left) and Alison (Right) Warming up for the race

Start of the Bluffton Invite!

I went home for the weekend, which was awesome!  I was so happy to see some of my friends from high school and to get to spend time with my family.  It was the home invite for my high school's cross country team, and it was senior recognition day.  My sister is a senior this year, so I went to support her and the rest of the team!  

Me(Left), Colleen (Middle), and my sister Mindy (Right) at the Troy Invite

Colleen and I! 
 Also on Saturday, I went to the OSU vs. Eastern Michigan game with my dad!  I love going to OSU football games whenever I get the chance to do so, and it was nice to be able to just have some father-daughter time. OSU had no problem as they pounded Eastern Michigan 73-20.
Double Script Ohio before kickoff

OSU's team running onto the field

It was a good weekend and I am glad that I was able to get away from Bluffton for the weekend.  I love Bluffton very much, but there are times when I just want to get off campus and go home or see friends.  Luckily I am able to do that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment