Sunday, September 12, 2010

"I wanna celebrate and live my life"


Life here on campus has been pretty relaxing for me these past couple of days.  The rest of the school week finished up well with my classes having good discussions and being relaxed.  I am having a great time with my friends here still.  Friday night, I watched a movie with some of my friends over in Ropp, which is where I lived last year.  It was kind of weird being over there again and knowing that I don't live there anymore.  

Yesterday, I had a cross country meet at our school's rival, Defiance.  It was quite an adventure let me tell you.  We got there and us girls thought we were running at 10 because the information our coach sent us said that the girls race was at 10.  Well, we go searching for the restroom as soon as we get out of the van, go warm up for twenty minutes, put on our spikes, and start heading over to the starting line.  As soon as we start heading over though, our coach comes running over to us saying that we don't run until 10:50 and that the guys run at 10.  Of course the guys are walking the course thinking that they run at 10:50.  Our coach goes running and yelling to them that they need to get their spikes on and head over to the starting line.  Needless to say, the guys only ran a two minute warm-up for a 5 mile race.  Us girls did another 10 minutes of warming up.  By the time we got to the starting line I was ready to just be done.  I'm not very good with waiting around after I am warmed up, and having to wait another 50 minutes to race wasn't good.  I ended up having a pretty good race though, and so do most of the other girls.  It was our first 5k race of the season, so we all know there is room to improve.  We stopped and got Subway after we were done, and some of the girls and I talked about 9/11 and politics, which usually doesn't happen with my friends.  It was a good discussion though.  In the van both the boys and girls talked about what other languages they could talk in, wanting to travel to places around the world, and football.  

Here's a video from the guys race at Defiance:

When we got back to campus, I took a nap, showered, and watched the OSU vs. Miami game!  I was very happy that OSU won.  (You'll learn that I am a BIG OSU fan!)  So it was a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment