Monday, April 25, 2011

So this past weekend was a nice long weekend because of Easter.  We had Friday and today off, which was very nice.  I still had to be at school Friday though because we had a track meet in Wilmington that night.  Well that meet didn't happen.  We left here at 2:30 with running events starting at 6pm.  Of course, there has been all this rain and storms that have been coming through, and starting at 6 the rain came and then the storms came soon after.  They kept delaying the meet because of lighting.  By the time 9pm rolled around, they were going to get things going again, but another lighting struck, and they finally cancelled the meet.  Thank goodness my parents were there to drive me home for the weekend instead of going all the way back here and then going home.  I got home around 11pm that night, which would've been the time I would've probably ran if the meet had kept going.

Easter was nice.  I went to my cousins house for the day, which was nice to be able to catch up with them along with my aunts and uncle, and my grandpa.  We had a great meal and just had a fun time hanging out with other.

Three more days of classes, that's all.  It's hard to believe that the school year is almost done.  I am ready for summer though, and hopefully the weather will be much better in the next coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Blogs have become like short fictions and you are one of those blessed people who have the art of storytelling in a picture perfect manner. I appreciate the gift that you have and this is the reason, why I always make it a point to put up my comments as a token of appreciation for your great blogs.
    Good Days

    ReplyDelete