Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So the past couple of weeks have been stressful ones.  What can you do to get away from it for awhile?  Get off of campus and spend a weekend at home and take some of your college friends with you, which is exactly I did this past weekend.

My friends Alison, Laurie, and I went to my house Friday night after Alison and I got back from our track meet. The rest of that night we just talked and relaxed.  Saturday, we went shopping, went out for lunch, and got some cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory.  I love that place!  My mom made baked ziti for dinner for all of us that night.  Then I decided to go out and buy Tangled, which we ended up watching that night.  Alison bought a 4lb bag of Jolly Ranchers so we had some of those while watching the movie.  Sunday we just relaxed and did some homework, had tacos for lunch, and then came back to Bluffton.  It was a much needed girls weekend and it was nice to be able to hangout with them a whole weekend instead of just a couple of hours.

Tomorrow is Civic Engagement day here on campus.  There are no classes, but students & staff are encouraged to attend events that are held throughout the day that go along with the them "Living With Enough: Responding to Global Poverty" I have to give a poster presentation for my Issues of Modern America class over my research about Obesity in America.  It should be a informational and good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment